La rentrée

Yesterday we planned to do some surveys, but there are not that many students about. So we did some affichage instead - hunting for the "affichage libre" or "expression libre" notice boards to pop posters on.

It is then that you realise how ENORMOUS the campus really is. It's HUGE. After a whole day of parading round and posting posters we have probably covered about half of it.

We called at the central information post for students at Capucins and I was struck by how many people were there from banks, from the Aquitaine regional authority, from the family allowance people, from health insurance companies, etc, etc.

And no students. At all ! I think it's still a bit early yet.

I talked with a guy from the Aquitaine region and decided that I must take Ben Griffin down there. He'll get lots of his admin done in one foul sweep ! As long as he takes every single piece of documentation he possesses. ( They always need the one bit of paper you decided to leave at home. How do they know what you left behind ? They must send accomplices to search your house and phone them to say what papers have been left there. Is there no limit to the perfidy of the mobile phone ? )

Today I begin my stints at the student centre. Again, I suspect that there's not really anyone much about - even some of our own stalwarts from last year are not yet in town - but I have a meeting lined up with someone early afternoon anyway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen