At the supermarket

I was just thinking the other day how France is virtually a living museum for weird and wonderful old French cars, and LOOK what there was in the forecourt of the supermarket !

Ah yes - and the other photo. I am not aware that any of these terms are offensive as such. However here in Bordeaux people either ask for the little corner, or they say they need to see Napoleon. My favourite lavatorial euphemism is the extremely opaque lle chwech (place no 6). I have heard an explanation but it was complex and I've forgotten it. I do like la chaise percée.

Gwilym's broken toe ?

We went to the doctor at 8:30 and the receptionista told us to come back at 9:45, so we did. Then Gwilym saw two doctors who told him that he'd need a x-ray, that he'll be off sport for a month, that they won't need to cut his toe off and neither will it fall off, that he'll need good big shoes with inflexible soles, and that they'll immobilise his toes with scotch after the x-ray.

So we went to the x-ray-monger and they told us to come back at 16:45.

OK. So I went to the supermarket to do the weekly shop.

Posted by Picasa

Comments

Anonymous said…
That's typical isn't it? The ladies in the first photo looking at anything but the car and you, a feller, standing there, probably with mouth open, tongue hanging out and drooling over it to the extent that it will require a wash afterwards; camera poised to ensure a record for posterity.

It is nice though, isn't it?

What was the general level of attention attracted by the subject of photo' number 2? Or again, were you the only person.....?
Alan said…
Well I think the supermarket hopes to sell them rather than to have folks photograph them.

I tried to persuade young Mr Griffin to buy it, but he chose a rather sober wooden one instead.

I waited till there was nobody around before taking the photo with my phone. Well, there is a limit.

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen