Hi-tech or what ?

Bordeaux Chosen for New Orange Mobile Launch

Orange has selected Bordeaux for its initial trial in France of the Mobile Wallet service, which enables payments for goods and transport services to be made direct from a mobile phone. Bordeaux was considered to be a prime candidate for this because of its state-of-the-art tramway technology, and the general atmosphere of technological innovation that exists here.

“This new generation of mobile phone services will be seen as one of the great technical leaps forward in Europe over the next 2-3 years”, Orange CEO Jean-Noel Tronc told journalists.

Several collaborative agreements with Bordeaux operators have already been put in place, including Veolia Transport and credit card group LaSer.

Comments

Interesting - if a little scary! Surely there's going to be several hundred ways to hack this popping up as soon as it goes live. I presume you're going to at least give it a try...or are you not on Orange? I hope it takes a while before it reaches here - Mum's only just got the hang of self service at ASDA!!

Definitely an interesting prospect, I think I'll note this down as it has a definite ring os Scfi-Fi to it!!
Alan said…
I'm not on Orange, so I have a good excuse to watch and make sure it works for other people before I think of giving it a go !

Especially since I recently went several weeks with a duff bank card because it went on the blink...

As we used to say "There's no prizes for being first".

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen