What a happy, busy day!

Preaching this morning. I had one of my best comments ever.

"Merci pour ton message stupéfiant."

"Stupéfiant?"

"Oui. Avec ton accent et ta prononciation il faut bien écouter!"

OK! Then back home to do the PowerPoint for the Fête de Noël at the Chateau. Thank God for laptops! It means you can put the computer on the lunch table and work while you eat while you talk. (Not quite - I put the computer down while I was actually eating...)

Some of the carols we were singing were on a file on the PC, thankfully, but others I had to type in or change to make them like the book (ATLG). We sang French versions of O come all ye faithful, Angels from the realms, Silent night and another.

Which meant we arrived at the Chateau late. Still - all was very genial, there were lots of people there, and our busy day was lifted by the visit of some friends from Swansea. Here they are in the Chateau car park. When he speaks French he has a Welsh accent. I wonder if I could do that.... It may be even more stupéfiant...

One lady was handing round a plate of stollen. I said "Stollen! Qu'est-ce qu'on dit en français?"

"Merci." she said - popping a piece in my hand.

Jolly good!

On the way back through Blaye we were diverted through all the back streets because a traffic accident had caused the main road to be blocked. Posted by Picasa

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well there you are. The encouragement about your preaching despite not being able to use the checking thing beforehand. God is good isn't he. I had a discussion about the discouragements of ministry yesterday; the greatest being the thought that lives do not appear to be being changed. I expect that eternity will reveal the full extent of the benefits, repercussions or otherwise of all kinds of ministry.
Alan said…
A woman once said something to me that helped me greatly. She said "Alan, I have come to realise over the course of my Christian life that it isn't the days that matter so much. It's the years."

Lives change slowly. Sometimes almost imperceptibly!

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen