Anyone got a spare copy of Windows XP?

It's Gwilym's birthday today. We got him a PC from eBay (famous last words, eh!)
It is all in good order, and surprisingly good. Celeron processor. It looks very, very clean. I think it's new old stock, though the screen, keyboard and mouse are obviously used.

However, it came with Windows ME.

It would be nice to get XP installed on it so if anyone has a spare XP they are not using any more (with the certificate with the 25 character code, of course), we could offer it a good home.

Yes. I am tempted to put Ubuntu Linux on it, but it's on Gwilym's PC, and he'll want his windows educational software and games to work with no intervention from me!

I suppose if I got going with Linux we could go Linux at the student centre and set up lots of cheap PCs with Internet access and OpenOffice and so on...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen