Hurrah for FT / Orange / Wanadoo / Free.fr

Up to the France Telecom office I went, clutching my big carrier bag with my LiveBox in it. I had made an abortive attempt to return the faulty Livebox some months previously at the Rive d'Arcins agency, but the queues were ENORMOUS. But at Meriadeck the agency doesn't seem so busy so I decided to try again.

A chappie at the door took my name and asked the nature of my query. I said I wanted to bring back my LiveBox which functions no longer, and that I wanted to know if I had an engagement with FT or Orange / Wanadoo. (I can't remember the English word for this - I think we say contract...) He said "Don't you know?" "No, I don't!" quoth I, so he put my name down on the waiting list and I spent a happy 20 minutes or so gazing at the shiny mobile phones in the glass cases round the walls.

Then a young chappie came up to help. he said that there is no engagement with FT and that the engagement with Orange / Wanadoo is 12 months, so I am free to change ISP. (HURRAH!) And he received my faulty LiveBox and gave me a receipt, so all was sorted!

Now I can contact Free.fr and sign up! The reason I want to change is:

Orange.fr give you <8mb adsl and TV by internet for 30€/month, but you have to buy a TV adapter to get the TV, and you have to pay 15€ / month telephone line rental, too.

Free.fr give you <18mb adsl, TV by internet with a free wireless TV adapter with built in hard drive recorder, unlimited phone calls * to 18 countries, all for 30€/month, and no line rental to pay, either.

It sounds a better deal, what?

They always put a * after the "unlimited phone calls" bit, and it always goes to some print that is too small for me to read...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen