So a France - Italy final then

Comments

Anonymous said…
In what championship would that be then?!
Alan said…
You would have no doubts if you were living here.

Some of the church folk find my attitude to the English team quite comical.

I think it's entirely reasonable.

I'm British but I'm not English.

I'd support a British team, but I have no more reason to support England than Ireland or Scotland. Less, in fact - the Scots and Ires are fellow Celts.

Like the French, who also have celtic roots. Apparently that's why they have that funny 'u' sound. It's a celtic sound.
Anonymous said…
Wow, Alan you're a prophet! It is indeed a France - Italy final. I suppose it was a 50/50 chance though. What are we like as loosers? Can we be gracious in defeat - not over the gospel of course?
Alan said…
Sadly or gladly, I'm not a prophet, though I don't mind predicting a France victory!

But we Brits are surely the best losers in the world! We train our kids ot be good losers, and it really pays off. Look at Tiger Tim Henman. The man's a hero! He picks himself up, dusts himself off and goes for it time and time again. I hope he never retires!

The gospel, however, will never lose. It knows setbacks and difficulties, but only temporary ones, and they prepare the way for a greater triumph to come.

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen