John Piper's been talking at EMA

http://thebluefish.blogspot.com/2006/07/ema-john-piper-risk-is-right.html

It reminds me of when I left British Telecom to be Assistant Pastor at Deeside in 1891. My mother said "Will you be better off financially?" (My salary was going to be halved - and then some. No church can pay like BT!) I said "No, it's not like that, Mam." She was worried for a while because what I was doing seemed risky to her. It seemed risky to me, too, frankly. But she had a chat with her vicar who explained how he had left his job in local government to become a vicar, and I think she realised that if what I was doing was risky, it wasn't so unusual really.

Coming to France seemed risky too. Still does. "What if?"

But what if God works everything together for good, like he promises, eh?

Comments

Stephen Dunning said…
1891 !?!?
Alan said…
Perhaps not. Certainly feels like it.

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen