Joined-up thinking

Sometimes I just wonder, really I do.

Yesterday the news said that the Saudi ambassador at the United Nations in Geneva has been chosen to chair the Human Rights Committee.

Today the news is of a young Saudi man sentenced in Saudi Arabia to be publicly beheaded and then his body exposed till it rots because four years ago when he was 17 he took part in demonstrations against the Saudi regime.

Meanwhile Raif Badawi, the Saudi blogger sentenced to 1000 lashes for criticising the regime on the internet is still imprisoned though his health has prevented him receiving more than 50 of the lashes of his sentence.

If I believed people capable of it I'd subscribe to conspiracy theory.
Instead I see it as proof of mankind's stunning incompetence.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen