On the complications of garment repair

My best jacket I bought in a Next sale some years ago.
It's really nice. Dark navy-blue wool.
Very chic.
And it has a moth hole on the left sleeve just below the shoulder at the front.

I could really do with getting it repaired somehow.
I can imagine how one might do it, by snipping a small piece of fabric from a seam, for example, and sticking it behind with wonder-webbing, for example.

So this week I called into a shop that does garment repairs, recommended by my friend, Marcel.

Hallo, you do garment repairs.

Yes, let me see. Oh, it's a burn?

No, a moth, I think.

Ah, yes, but for that you don't need a repairer, you need a stoppeuse.

A stoppeuse?

Yes, a stoppeuse. Here's the card of one, but she's only open on Thursdays and Fridays.

I worked it out later - it's someone who will darn it. Oh well - I'll call there tomorrow.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen