SkypeConf and virtual LittleChef

Tuesday morning is team meeting time and this morning we had lots to discuss from our visit to see the Agapé-France team in Toulouse and then a Skype call with our Mission Director, Revd. Peter Milsom. We had a spot of trouble with Skype, but ended up crowding round my Christmas iPhone running Skype via the Griffins' wifi connection. I was very impressed that it just worked - first time of trying, too !

In fact, so impressed was I that this afternoon I left Skype running so that our Scottish Secretary, Revd. Iain Cameron, could call me on it. There's a nice big button for speakerphone, so you can just put it on the desk, yell at it and hunt for flights using your computer. Jolly useful, what.

This evening is the English Class and my poor beginners are learning how to give commands and how to ask people to do things, or how to ask people for things. We'll do a bit on when to say "Shut up !" and when to say "Do you perhaps think that you could please shut up ?" and then they'll go on a visit to a virtual Little Chef. I shall be the rather stupid waiter and they must order from the menu (thanks, Little Chef, for publishing it in pdf format) those items they think they could conceivably manage.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen