A nice day off

It started well - I slept through till 6am instead of waking to cough at about 4 ! (Classic asthma, that...) Hopeful that my lungs are starting to move on after that dose of 'flu so long ago ! Pat was pleased, too.

In the morning after despatching the kids to their various halls of academe, Pat and I scuttled off to do the shopping. This morning this included visiting Leroy Merlin to get a soldering iron. I'm sure I threw my old soldering iron away before coming to France. It was rubbish anyway - it had this big fat tip ! My new one has a little screw-driver style tip and once Pat and the kids had left me for the afternoon I exercised my new soldering iron in repairing Gwilym's electric guitar lead.

Then a spot of reading. A session listening to Radio 4 (it's months since I listened to Radio 4). A bit of trombone practice and the family descended like the wolf on the fold once more.

This evening I took Gwilym to his guitar lesson. In the hall outside his lesson there's four sofas - three are always occupied and I sit in the fourth. On the sofa next to me sits a pleasant-looking guy and his little daughter aged about 6 I would guess. Over the weeks we've progressed from a curt nod to a cheery wave to a hearty bonsoir. I thought 'One day we'll have to introduce ourselves...' but it wasn't to be today. Instead we launched into a conversation about kids, music lessons, instruments, solfège lessons, etc.

One of the brass teachers came along and we talked about his father, who's 59 and in intensive care down in the Pyrenees awaiting heart surgery.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen