Me? Learn French? You must be kidding!

It's true! Me, having to learn French! (Pat here!)

Well, the first week of University is over, and another one begins tomorrow.
By the end of last week we were both shattered!

The first day seemed to go well, and I actually managed to understand the majority of what was being said. Replying is another matter.

I had the same tutor all day, and she has a good sense of fun. Anything we didn't understand, she tried to draw on the whiteboard, quite an artist!

So, the first day and I think the second went quite wee. The next few days I began to get quite lost! Suddenly we were talking about passe compose.. WOT??

When I did French in Wales I learned how to order food from a restaurant, and of course the wine! But I don't think we got as far as past tenses (forgive me Janet if you read this and I'm wrong!)

I think the tutor realised that I was struggling (the vacant expression on my face must have given it away) so she asked me at the end of the lesson if I was ok. So, I had to explain (in French) that there was so much I didn't understand, and the tenses being the worst!

So, I think I will be moved to a class just one below the one I'm in. How did I get into the one I'm in now? Well I didn't copy anyone honest!

We have both met people from all over the world as Alan has already blogged, it's fascinating, and quite an eye opener when you talk to some of them.

Anyway,tomorrow we begin again. I don't think I will be able to do my homework, until at least I've read the grammar book Alan has lent me!!

I'm not totally disillusioned though. I am enjoying the whole thing underneath! And I do try and have a go. Some of the folk at church are great, cos they will correct me when I go wrong(Frequently) and all of them are SO patient..

God is so good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen