Floirac & Anglade

There were two services yesterday - in the morning at Floirac and the afternoon at Anglade, near Blaye.

At Floirac we were pretty full. The church is using Powerpoint to project the hymns and songs now. It works quite well, except that the screen needs to be higher. If you sit on the left hand side of the church the pulpit blocks your view. We were sat on the right hand side, but near the back, so we were ducking and diving to see past the people in front. That's great, because it encourages people to sit near the front.

In the afternoon we were at Anglade, which is a tiny village outside Blaye, but where there is a protestant church dating back to 1892. The church is in good condition and very pretty (I'll put up some photographs next time I go) but the 20 people there filled it. It's very cute. It has a bell to ring before the service. Takes me back to my childhood when I would hear the vicar ringing the bell at St John's and I would know that I could get up soon because it was too late for my parents to send me to church.

It was a good group of people - from babes in arms to folks in their 80s. I met the lady who came to faith at the chateau on our first Sunday here. She's radiant. Her neighbours have helped her a lot and have home Bible studies in their home, but their company are moving them on soon.

It's very hot here for October. 26 degrees forecast for today. One man told me that it's not normal. I said "I'ts me! I brought the good weather from Wales."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen