The utility room? The memory room!

We have a utility room. It has the washing machine and lots of cupboards. So today I've been sorting it out (more like throwing it out!)

What fun! If I'd known it was going to be this much fun I'd have done it regularly over the years!

I found lots of my father's old things. His cap badges from Rhondda Transport. A ROSPA safe driving award from 1947. A swastika badge (really badly made)but surely genuine. An knife with can opener, army issue, with the MOD arrow on it dated 1944. We owe his generation so much. Dad fought in France (he was at Dunkirk), in Italy and in the Middle East. We have some super photos he took in Egypt and in Israel.

I found Dad's old watchmaker's eyeglasses. He loved fiddling with watches. Lots of his old tools, and some of mine, too. But life is so different for us now. A small illustration - I found my old feeler gauge! Oh the many happy hours I spent under the bonnet of my Peugeot 104 adjusting the points and setting the gap on the plugs.

One day Gwilym will be really pleased to have his grandad's knife. The kids never knew any of their grandparents, though Pat's mother knew Gwilym and saw Catrin, I think.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen