The time of decision

It seems to me that this week is pretty decisive. If we are to move to Bordeaux in August, then I have to find a house in the next two or three weeks. (If we are to move there later on, then we have to find a house to rent here from August onwards!)

A few things need sorting still:

1) A guarantor in France. We still have no idea who can act as guarantor for us. Basically this person needs to demonstrate that they have sufficient funds to pay our rent if we default (in euros in a French account).

2) Our bank account. We still haven't received our cards and cheque books, though we have lots of codes to access our account on the internet and lots of little slips to give to people with our account number etc. I'm sure the cards and cheque books are on the way, though. We have our pin.

3) Support level. Last time we asked was 20 June, when we were at 51%. I know it has risen since then, but enough? I will phone today to try to find out where we are.

4) Travel to Bordeaux. The flights from Manchester to Bordeaux are all booked up. This means I will probably have to fly Liverpool to Paris, then TGV, though I can fly back directly to Manchester. That's ok, though it takes a day to get to Bordeaux that way rather than 2 hours!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen