Anyway we first went to explore the new area around the old docks at the far southern end of Bordeaux. There is a vast number of new apartment blocks up here and I tried to rent one place up there but got no reply when I submitted our dossier. Oh well. Here's some thing that we saw.
|La Base Sous-marine. A U-boat base built by the occupying nazis.|
|The concrete is so thick it can't be demolished, |
so it's used as a gallery and concert venue, including for Jazz à la Base
Later we went down to see the new flat, for which we get the key on Friday.
We discovered a few things:
1) some people have moved in
2) the building was accessible
3) the door of our flat was open
4) there's still quite a few things to finish off before Friday
5) the address we have been given and with we have given to others will not work!
|The living room|
|The bathroom door|
|The view from the small balcony|
|The view from the big balcony|
|The second bedroom|