The answer, my friend, is running in the wind

Well it's warmer, at least, but this morning we were back to more normal December weather of driving rain and blustery wind.

To be honest it wasn't raining that much. More a question of puddles and dampness, and I do pretty well in dampness. But the wind was annoying because all the uphill section of my habitual run (I did the short version this morning) you are running into the wind. But not only that, for some reason the good burgers of Pessac had decided that this was the night to forget to fasten their gates, so all the way I was subjected to the noise of sudden slamming. It was just like running through a horror film. I expected some monster to appear round the corner at any moment.

None did, thankfully!

We had these super-duper cheap and cheerful running bands, you know, like fitbits, but the Chinese version. They were really good, though Mrs Davey's always found it hard to connect to her phone. Mine worked OK. Till I changed my phone. Then it just wouldn't connect to the new one. I followed LOTS of instructions, including letting the battery run down and storing it in the fridge (not the freezer!) for a few days. Nothing worked. In the end I ordered a new one from China, this one's even more super-duper and still as cheap and cheerful. Well if I get over a year out of it I suppose that's not bad really, is it?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen