iOS 10

On Wednesday we had to be up and out early to get Pat to that clinic, and really I needed my phone to be working to get the Citiz car and possibly use the Waze satnav programme to get to the clinic.

But on Tuesday Apple were releasing a new version of the phone operating system, iOS 10. It became available at 7pm.

Now then, in the old days on Android new versions of the phone system would come out periodically, but they would not be available worldwide at the same time. They'd come out at different dates according to your country, to your mobile phone network and to you make an model of phone. It was, frankly a shambles.

But with Apple they announce it one week and everyone gets it the following week on the same day at the same time.

But should I update the software the eve of Pat's operation?

Oh go on. So I did. There were reports that some people were having problems. I had no problems whatsoever. The phone downloaded the software quickly, validated it and then applied the update and it all worked perfectly.

Next Tuesday Apple are releasing an update to the operating system on my computer.
In the old days on Windows I'd be MUCH LESS CONFIDENT and wary of updating on the day the release becomes available.
My disk is quite full - the drawback of buying the cheapest model.
Apple computers are already quite expensive, after all!
So will the update work?
We'll see!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen