A series of remarkable providences

I mentioned above how by a series of remarkable providences we would be ready for Monday.

Well here we go.

We had a problem with a damp wall in our back bedroom, so I asked a friend who had left pastoral ministry to set up as a handyman if he could sort it out for us. He did, and did a very good job. The house insurance paid for it, more or less - perhaps a bit less, and we were all happy. During that time we chatted about all sorts of stuff and he expressed interest in our old wood-stove that we replaced a while ago.

On Wednesday he came into the Maison de la Bible, to inquire about some work on the toilets, and I asked him if he was still interested in the wood stove. He said he was.

So on Thursday he came to collect it, and he was there when I discovered that we were signing on Monday. "I'll come round tomorrow and give you a hand." quoth he, "I can store things at my place, sell them on the bon coin and we'll share the proceeds."

Thus it was that we had a merry time sorting, carting to the dump and loading into his Kangoo so he could use, sell or whatever.

Today we have just a couple of loads for the dump and a quick clean for shame's sake, and then we'll be ready to sign!

Comments

Stephen Dunning said…
Hope all goes well!

Popular posts from this blog

One difference between we French and the anglo-saxon mindset is that

A bit about music exams in UK and France

Three weeks in Blighty