CNEF33 committee meeting

This morning was the CNEF33 committee meeting, exceptionally in Villenave d'Ornon.

I booked ... the CLIO ! Hurrah!

So 8:30 found me on the ... number 4 bus off to Pessac Centre to collect it. As we crossed the rocade we all looked at the queues of stationary traffic stretching out as far as the eye could see in both directions. OK. Back roads it is.

Now the Clio has built-in satnav, so I started the engine, started the radio, started the satnav and set off.

I am pretty sure I can find my way to Villenave from Pessac via the back roads. From 2005 to 2006 we did it pretty well every day.

But hey, proverbial dogs and hatred of self-barking compelled me to follow the weirdest route I have EVER taken. The satnav freaked itself out, too, sometimes saying "à gauche, tournez à gauche" while showing on the map an arrow pointing right.

Still, I arrived in good time and we had a good discussion.

On the way back I took the rocade. It was lunchtime. No traffic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen