Friday was Synod of Toulouse day


Dik was the only delegate - it was a Synode National, and not National et Général - but Harriette, Sam Gonin and I went along as observers. Harriette took the photos. It was good to see the folks from the far east again. Most of our folks are from the far east (Provence, Cévennes). They think we are from the wild west. Discussing the exact wording of texts in a room containing 50 people is always a little wearing for me, though, so I was glad to leave Dik and Sam there and hit the road for home.

One thing that struck me was the attachment the synod has to our church plant in Bordeaux.

Harriette was very kind and dropped me off for the PJB practice where Pbone attracted some attention and some mocking till people heard that, yes, it's a trombone and it does what a trombone does.

After a long day I'm glad to have a normal weekend.
Catch up on sleep, then prepare for preaching this morning.
Chinese/French Christianity Explored this afternoon.
Preaching in French tomorrow morning.
Preaching in English tomorrow evening.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen