"Shut up ! Just shut up !" (laughing)

It was in 1981 and the acceptance tester was testing my programme.

"Hmm... Could you do this, this, this and this, please?" 

Customer is always right. I spent the morning making the changes. After lunch...

"Hmm... No, it was better before."

So I spent the afternoon changing it back. A day's work to achieve nothing at all...

I learnt a lot that day. Firstly about version control. Keep the old version. You may need to change it back.

Secondly about work. Sometimes you work all day like a slave to achieve nothing at all.

Of course, ministry  is never like that, is it ?

Well I spent a good part of yesterday morning preparing for something that I later discovered we aren't going to do.

Still, never mind, surveys on campus next. I arrived in good time and awaited the happy band of colleagues. Ting ! A message ! Tram accident. We're stuck at the other end of the campus. Can you join us here ?

They had a hard time using a survey that wasn't so suitable for the campus they ended up on.

Meanwhile I waited and waited for a tram to join them, then gave up and walked off to the bus-stop to go home.

Thus it was that driving down the road later with my phone shouting "Ting ! Ting !" I yelled "JUST SHUT UP ! I'LL READ IT LATER !" ( laughing, honest... )

I reflected on the bus about how focused we are on what God does THROUGH us and on how focused he is on what he's doing IN us... And I apologised to Pat for my impatience earlier in the day...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen