La Foi Chrétienne en Libre Accès

One of the students suggested it may be good to read some systematic theology together. I think that's a cracking idea !

Of systematic theologies in English I have :

Berkhof (which I can't find since moving house), Boice (Foundations), Grudem (which I've loaned to someone) and Reymond.

Trouble is this guy is not English first-language, and you need good English to get through Reymond or Boice !

In French I have nothing because there is nothing. Well, there's the Institutes.

Grudem is due to be published soon, but it will cost about 50 euros - too much for a student and also too much for me to be able to buy it for him (and also a copy for me !).

I also sometimes feel that Grudem is a bit too contemporary, in the sense that it's a systematic for the churches of the 1980s onwards. For me it seems ephemeral, and soon to become dated. I don't want a systematic to be dated. I want it to be timeless.

A while ago someone suggested Connaître Dieu (Packer's Knowing God). That would be OK.

But I've found something better. Paul Wells' "La Foi Chrétienne en Libre Accès" is laid out like a French systematic theology would be, with a chapter on the nature of man to begin with. I've scanned it over the past couple of days and I think it will do the job admirably, serving a little as an index and appetite whetter for a more full treatment one day. It costs 15 euros which I think is probably affordable for a student, especially for a book as useful as this one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen