Today's word of bordelais

ça me prend la tête ! - that does my head in !

I was SURE that this is just a standard French expression, known throughout the entire French-speaking world, but a friend who is older and wiser (and French) assures me that it is not, it is an expression of the South West.

What is more, another older, wiser friend (always try to hang out with people older than you - nothing is better for your looks) tells me that that only South Walians say "that does my head in".

Can that be true ? Surely not !

Anyway, this opens up a rich vein of French expressions for us.
How to say in French that you're annoyed !

Comments

Alan said…
Another French friend from another region of France assures me that he has used this expression ever since anyone was able to annoy him, along with his whole family. This is standard French.
It goes to show that just because someone is
a) older than you
b) wiser than you
c) French
that doesn't necessarily mean that they are right !

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen