Génial, cette manif

Well I got to the student centre. I was going to take tram line B from Pessac to Hotel de Ville, but because of the demonstration it was stopping at St Nicolas, so I decided to try Line A from Mérignac instead. Pat dropped me at the stop and the tannoy announced that all trams would terminate at St Augustin - MILES out of the city centre. I had no choice now though, so I got on. Anyway at St Augustin the tram continued, then at the next stop, and again... all the way to Mériadeck. That was OK. Then I walked through the demonstration to the centre. I bumped into one of the teachers from the kids' school - he's an English teacher and is interested in coming to the international home groups but this Saturday he has a birthday party.

I took some pictures of the demo. You'll be surprised by the carnival atmosphere. I popped out to Subway for a sandwich for tea (Sub du jour, 2€90 - ham, salami and salad) and the streets were filled with happy smiling people waving their placards and drinking coffee in the street cafés.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen