Sunday began early

There were thirty photo-montages to print for the choir members, and my printer does it quite well ( thankfully ! Otherwise I'd have had to have done it at the student centre ! ) So I started them printing.

The yellow cartridge was almost empty so I'd bought another. However about 10 from the end the printer told me the cyan was nearly empty too. Oh dear ! This is one of the hazards of my colour vision - no matter how I stare I cannot see the level of cyan on the computer screen. Anyway, it lasted till all the photos were done. Then I scuttled off to the Eglise Baptiste de Caudéran where I discovered that "Before the throne of God above" exists in French.

Then home to collect everything for the afternoon (computer, etc.) and off to the Griffins for lunch. We were taking desserts and we had a four seasons fruit tarte I found in the supermarket and a huge chocolate and raisin tarte that someone had given Pat at the Christmas bazaar.

Then to the centre for 3 to prepare for the service. I had the order of service so while Pat was off helping to frame the photos I set to to get the PowerPoint done. I think it was ready about 7 minutes before the service was due to start.

Sammy suggested I do simultaneous translation into English for the choir. This was interesting. Because I know him quite well now sometimes I would translate his next sentence before he had actually said it, and sometimes quite a long sentence would translate as Fifth thing. I quite enjoyed doing this - the hardest thing is knowing how loudly you can speak because you don't want to interfere with the French message. I suppose it is quite a challenge listening for the next sentence while delivering your translation of the last one... We didn't do any soppy pauses or anything like that. I had a bit of trouble with sac de poubelle. I said ,"Bin bag - uh, garbage sack, trash bag, trash sack..." Bin bag means nothing to Americans, apparently, but all the rest were OK.

The children have really clicked with the kids from the choir, as has Pat. We're going to have to visit North Carolina. Hmmm.

So they said their fond farewells, then home to bed.

ZZZZZZZZZ.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen