I'm looking forward to this weekend

I have the great English Class on Saturday afternoon but before that we are going to distribute tracts among the Christmas shoppers. There was a threatened tram and bus strike, but they have reached an agreement (I think - last time I read anyway) so the trams should be running fine.

Saturday evening I have a final rehearsal with the lady who's going to sing the descant for "Adeste fideles" (Salut blanche étoile) on Sunday afternoon. I'll blast out the descant with her (an octave below, of course) and the congregation will be primed to sing that last verse with especial gusto. It has, as they say, two chances. Either it'll work or it won't.

Then Sunday morning we'll visit one of the churches in Pessac, the Eglise Libre. I know the pastor fairly well from ministers' fellowships and so on, so it will be good to attend that church.

Then Sunday afternoon the service at 4h30, with hot chocolate afterwards.

Christmas Day is an important day at the student centre because we have our Christmas lunch then and we usually get a nice number of students and often we get people who come for the first time.

In addition, Monday is Gwilym's birthday. A bit more about that in another post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen