Medical stuff!

 So this morning I accompanied Pat to her doctor's appointment. She phoned her doctor the other day to check on the results of an annual blood test - we both get annual blood tests - and her doctor said, "Have you been vaccinated? Would you like to be?" 

So Pat made an appointment and we moseyed on over there this morning. The story is that currently people aged 50 to 63 who have serious health issues like compromised immune systems are being vaccinated. However, Pat's doctor knew she would have several doses of vaccine left over from an opened phial so rather than waste it she offered it to people who called.

First there was some computerised administration to accomplish, then we went down to the office of a very kind nurse who duly stuck it in Pat's arm. One guy filmed his own vaccination recently, so she wasn't at all surprised when I took a photo.

Meanwhile I have started my zero-residue diet. It's essentially an adolescent's idea of paradise - meat and taters but no fruit and no veg. I can haz pasta and I can haz rice. For breakfast it's out with the oatmeal and in with cornflakes and toast. When I was 15 I would have loved this.

We worked out that I am also allowed pancakes and waffles etc, so one day we'll do that. I have to do this until Tuesday, when it's clear fluids only. They imagine me drinking clear stock. I think not.

We called at the pharmacy to get my Tuesday evening "meds". I have two doses to take, one on Tuesday evening and one at 3am on Wednesday morning. I asked the pharmacist if I could advance them to, say, early evening and 11pm. No, was the categorical reply.

Oh well. It's all part of life's rich pageant.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen