Choir rehearsal

 This evening I should be in our choir rehearsal. Our choir is a 32 person, four to a part, eight parts choir. We sing unaccompanied and we were currently working on a Christmas programme, using arrangements I've never done before by people like Ola Gjeilo, Jim Clements, John Tavener and so on. Nice stuff.

I'm singing the low bass part. I'm not a low bass really, but real low basses are as rare as real high tenors. People like me do what they can.

We started rehearsing in September, distanced and with masks. It was still good. We were learning parts and learning to cohere and so on. But now we're confined and we can't sing together.

I miss the synergy. When the church meets online we sing, but to do that everyone mutes themselves except the specific accompanist who's doing that song. So it's good, but it's not singing together. You don't get the synergy.

Oh well, we'll be back together soon.

https://youtu.be/pwmLR8lTX_s

https://youtu.be/h-mSmEfLmZc


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen