Meeting the anaesthetist

 I got my pool car at about 10 and headed off for my 11am appointment with the anaesthetist. Traffic was fluid. I found a parking space quite easily and headed into the building.

At reception I realised I couldn't find my way to the "Anaesthesia consultations" so I asked at the information desk. "You come here first", so I took a number and waited. A few minutes later I had shown my carte de séjour, my health card, my health insurance card and my appointment sheet and been given my sheet of sticky labels and directed to the department. 

There's another reception, so there I handed over the latest version of every health related document I possess - blood tests, etc. - and was told to wait. 

There were about four people waiting already and two doctors. I saw a kindly looking man whose badge said "Anésthetiste Réanimateur". After examining all my documents and pronouncing them satisfactory, he listened to my breathing, checked the back of my hand for veins and looked down my throat while I said "Aaah". 

"Alors, ça devrait aller ?" (So that should be ok?) I asked. Oh yes, no problems. But you need a covid test.

So now I wait for a date for the procedure, then follow a no-residue diet, get covid-tested, then the purge and off to the hospital.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen