The blood tests

 So armed with my new prescription I got up, drank some mint tea and headed off to get the blood taken. The laboratory had a sign on the door saying that the waiting room was now outside in the street, but there was noone in the reception area, everyone was just behind in the office section, so I opened the door and shouted Bonjour. They beckoned me in.

I had my usual annual blood tests for my doctor to do, as well as my blood group for the hospital. Blood groups are done by double determination at present, so there amount of forms to fill in was impressive. After all that was done, in I went into the back room to get the blood taken.

Meanwhile a university lecturer was there to get a coronavirus test. She asked if there was anobody doing saliva antibody tests, but there isn't. The phayrngeal swab is just more reliable. Everyone commiserated with her.

The phlebotomist was terribly upset to have bruised me, though she'd not hurt me with the needle so I wasn't bothered. She drenched my arm with alcohol and put a thick dressing on, which I tore off as soon as I got home.

Now 48 hours wait for the results - probably Monday.

12:30 - the usual blood test results are in, and it seems that all is fine.

Now just a wait for my blood group.

13.01 - and my blood group results are here.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen