Church visits drawing peacefully to a close

Well there we are!

Church visits for 2016 are almost over. Tomorrow I fly home from Bristol to Bordeaux.

I will say goodbye to my hire car, a pastel green Fiat 500 which I nicknamed The Flying Pistachio. I will also say goodbye to horribly congested motorways and to driving through torrential downpours. These farewells will fill me with joy.

I have absented myself from Facebook until after the EU referendum, mainly because the whole of my Facebook feed turned into what I can only describe as a bad issue fo the Daily Mail. We had scaremongering, of course, and the most immoderate language. "Don't trust a single word coming out of France or Germany about the referendum" was the last straw for me. I have already voted. You will see me on Facebook again once the vote is over and the shouting is over.

It is always humbling to visit our supporting churches. I am convinced that all the good things that have happened in Bordeaux have been direct answers to the prayers of many many people. You can see that very clearly in the way this year has unfolded.

Some of the churches I visited are burgeoning. Others less so. All are facing great challenges.

One big regret is that I haven't spent time visiting friends who support us personally, rather then through their churches. I wonder whether we can do something about that. Patricia and I must get our thinking caps on and see what we can come up with.

I have missed home life as usual. I miss my nice strong coffee. I miss my morning running. I miss Bordeaux. And, of course, above all I miss Catrin and Patricia.

Teg edrych tuag adref. It feels good to look homeward.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen