And another one!

So the day began with prayer and planning with the three wise men at Nico's flat, then quickly, hop on the bus to Grangeneuve to be at the flat when the chaps deliver the Ikea fridge-freezer and Catrin's bed.

I had not long got on the bus when they phoned me to say that they were running early and would arrive in about 20 minutes. I told them that I wasn't and wouldn't, so I got to the flat just before the scheduled rendez-vous of 13:00 and they arrived soon after.

They got the stuff into the flat and I then proceeded to change the hinges on the fridge-freezer so it opened from the correct side, then I started to build the bed.

RATS!

One of the screws was so hard to screw in that the head got mangled...

Oh well, I can put the one from the centre in its place and leave the centre without a screw.

RATS!

The screw from the centre was just as tough and the head got mangled.

Oh well, there was nothing for it. I'll have to take a trip to Ikea to get new screws before continuing with the bed.

I constructed the Ikea lampshades that we had bought and found that we have a funky new system of sockets and plugs for connecting light fittings. To connect the Ikea lampshades I will have to do some jiggery-pokery with wires.

Went home, arranged for internet access, hopefully from next Monday or Tuesday, then packing boxes as well as doing some important message sending and Facebook event putting on for Bordeaux Church.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen