Cracking train ride through the beautiful marches

Good Friday saw me in my old stomping ground at the joint service with ChristChurch Deeside, Flint Evangelical Church, Holywell Evangelical Church and Rhuddlan Evangelical Church, ably conducted and preached at by Pastor Matt. It was good to sing "Dyma gariad fel y moroedd / Here is love vast as the ocean."

In the evening I went round to our long time friends, the Harneys, for tea and to be amazed at how TALL all the kids are.

Then Saturday started with a visit to Hubert and Nerys and some of the old gang, before catching the 2:19 train from Chester to Cardiff.

The train was on time. I had a nice seat. I could do some work on the Banner session. And I listened on Spotify to Herreweghe's recording of the Saint Matthew Passion, with Andreas Scholl singing Buss und rue, and Erbarme dich. It was just simply epic to ride through the lovely rolling hills of the Shire, I mean the Marches, with Bach's setting pumping through my ears.

At Cardiff Andy Christofides was waiting for me at the station with a cheery "Eh up!"  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen