A DEBT collection service?

Bonjour, notre service a réceptionné votre dossier cette semaine, merci de nous contacter au 03.......31 entre 9h et 18h.. Réf 23.......41

That was what the SMS said.

I looked up the phone number on the internet. Sometimes these things are just scams. This was a debt collection service.

Do I have any bills unpaid? No. Could I have forgotten something? Well, anything is possible, I suppose.

I found the company's website. You could log in and get details of the problem using the first four letters of your name and the dossier number. Except it rejected my name. Aha!

I found a direct phone number and called it. At the third attempt I got through.

Alors, le numéro de dossier?
D'accord. Et vous et M. Machin-bidule, James?
No.
Ah bon, votre numéro de portable qui a reçu le SMS?
Ah bon, dans ce cas-là c'est un erreur.
Excusez-nous de vous déranger.

Phew...

I have just a little suspicion that because my phone number is on the Bordeaux Church card,
that I might get the odd nuisance now and again.
My name isn't on the card, only the church name and my number.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen