A bit about travel

Bordeaux to Geneva - so easy. It reminded me a bit of when we used to fly Liverpool to London. 10 mins. climbing, 10 mins cruising, 10 mins descending. Geneva was 20 mins for each bit, but that's all. One hour and you're there. I was a good boy and took my passport but there wasn't anyone to check it. As we live just 10 minutes from the airport here it was a dream. Irritating that they don't allow you to take a bottle of water with you any more, and that they then charge you £2 for a drink of water, £2.50 for a cup of tea, but I can bear with the thirst for an hour.

Bordeaux to Lyon next week will involve a rail journey of about 14 months, all crammed into one single day.
I should have flown. Still, at least I can take all the water I want.

Comments

Family Blogs said…
Hi Alan,

We had Emmanuel Hartiel share with us in our church a few weeks ago, giving us a sense of what is happening in the work in Brittany.

We are a small Baptist Church in Millisle, Northern Ireland, and we want to foster prayer links with the work of UFM in France. Richard Dilworth who has been a friend of the fellowship for many years is currently preparing for France along with his wife, and they are regarded with much affection by the folks here.

It is great to be able to follow your blog, and get an insight into life in France.

Blessings,
Andrew
Annie said…
Hi Alan! I'm travelling to Geneva in May and I agree it's so convenient! I believe the distance between Geneva and Brussels is approximately the same as Geneva and Bordeaux, so it'll be a fast, easy flight for me as well :) Hope you're doing well!

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen