Well I am as ready as I can be

for the funeral this afternoon:

I have my notes ready. Mainly readings.

My shirt and trousers are ironed.
My shoes are OK. All is fine.

All I need to do is pray and go.

The funeral will take place entirely in the cemetery.
This is quite usual for protestant funerals, maybe for catholic ones, too. I don't know.

The Frenchman looketh not on the outward appearance - what I mean is that at the last (and first) committal to which I went the pastor officiating was wearing a very dodgy overcoat and didn't look at all ministerial. I shall have on my profoundly ministerial black overcoat, so I don't think anyone will mistake me for anything else... But it's good to know that even for pastors, dress is informal. The goal for me is to be as invisible as possible. You want people to see Jesus Christ as great and good and mighty and powerful and kind, and the pastor as... oh, yes, there was someone wasn't there..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen