Oh that's better

If Thursday was the day of sneezing, wheezing and oozing, Friday was the day of fevers and aches. However with a dryer nose at least I was able to get stuff done. By the evening, though, I was good for nothing ! After drinking the tap dry of water I crawled off to bed.

Today I feel so different. Just as well. The day starts early with a trombone quartet rehearsal at 9h30 - I'll go along a bit early so I can do some of the practice I couldn't face doing yesterday. This was moved from yesterday evening. Just as well - last night I'd have ended up doing something uncalled for with the trombone slide, I'm sure.

Then scuttle off to Auchan to get Gwilym the safety shoes he needs for the two-week work experience he's doing at the local Peugeot garage.

Then finish off preparation for tomorrow before going down to the central park for a grand musical event staged by the town hall. Nine artistes, all unknown to me. A big apéro on the lawn. Duck and chip stands everywhere. And it looks like being a nice day, too.

Tomorrow I am preaching in the morning. Big reflections on what to do, but I have decided to continue with Ephesians because of the excellent section I am just coming up to.

Comments

Alan said…
Ha !

Safety boots - 54€.

For a two-week work experience ?

I don't think so !
Alan said…
We didn't go to the concerts.
The kids were too hot and tired and we were not that bothered either.

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen