It's that time of the year again

I did earmark yesterday as the day when I would do my tax return, but the morning got swallowed up by family comings and goings and the afternoon by our friends, the JWs.

Incidentally I did like the way that in the New World Translation John the Baptist is described as being the voice in the desert saying prepare the way for Jehovah - and it is Jesus who actually comes. My friend pretended not to hear. Three times. The third time I said "and I hope you are going to reflect on why Luke quotes Isaiah as saying that Jehovah is coming and it is Jesus who arrives..." I don't want to win an argument or score points. I just want him to think. Long and hard.

Anyway - you can imagine how stressful doing your French tax return is. Especially when if you owe anything substantial you know you'll have to phone them up and ask for time to pay !

So seated at my (t)rusty laptop I prayed that the wifi would keep working and launched into the site. I tried to declare by certificate like last year but the tax website said I don't have Java, and the Java website said I do, so I thought, "forget it - I'll do the new-style declaration without certificate".

For this you don't need Java, though you do need :

a: numéro de télédéclarant (7 digits)
b: numéro fiscal (13 digits)
c: revenu fiscal de référence from last year (5 digits !)
d: strong cup of coffee

then you plough through.

Quick moment of angst. Is Gwilym in collège or lycée ? Since it's referring to last year I decided he is in collège, but next year he'll be in lycée (even though his school for last year is called a lycée. Maybe I should have said he is in lycée. You get bigger allowances for kids in lycée...)

I reach the end. It estimates the amount I have to pay.

0

I smile. Phew !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen