At the chapel

One of the local schools has a chapel attached and the headmaster has been keen for a while to see it put at the disposition of the kids. So they're staffing the chapel during the lunch break from 12h30 to 13h30.

I know the headmaster and he asked me if I'd be willing to do one of the stints. He had to check it was OK with the committee that oversees these things, but they were fine with it and so I did my first stint yesterday. By 13h20 there were 20 kids ! Admittedly it was cold outside and the chapel was warm, but we looked at some of the texts that are left around for the children's use and I asked them if they understood all the words in the Apostles' Creed. So it was that I got to :

explain the phrase 'la rémission des péchés' - the Bible says that God can forgive you everything through Jesus Christ
talk about Psalm 23
pray the Lord's prayer with them.

I'm thinking of basing the first few sessions round the Lord's prayer, explaining what we mean by God as our Father, by doing his will, etc..

Comments

What a great open door. I like the idea about the Lord's prayer. What day will you do this? I want to pray for you on the hour. Thanks Robin
Alan said…
It's Tuesdays.

Thanks for praying !

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen