Why I like our supermarket

I had just got the money out to pay for the kids to go to camp: 300€ for the air tickets (Ryanair - 40c for the flights, then the rest for the taxes, for check-in, for bags, for air in the cabin, etc...) then the cost of the camp.

I thought "Yeah, but don't forget old laddo that firstly the camp admin have given an enormous discount on the price of the camp and then folks in Britain have given money towards sending them."

Then I went to fill the car up with diesel.

As I finished a chap was putting notices on the pumps.

I looked.

"For every 5€ spent at the pumps receive a 5€ gift token."

I went and asked the lady at the cash desk for my tokens. Yup, there we are. 50€ of diesel, 50 € gift tokens. ( She isn't very happy with the supermarket ! She said "C'est ingérable ! Quand même !" I said 'Bon courage *, ça va être fort aujourd'hui...' )

Our supermarket is brilliant for things like that. We now have 80€ worth of Smiley points which we're saving up for Christmas. The prices are not brilliant in the supermarket - for example the clothes are not all that cheap and they think 10€ for a DVD is really a knock-down bargain.

Carrefour have better computer equipment and Auchan are better for household goods, but our supermarket every now and again goes nuts and gives you a free tank of diesel.

I thanked God for the timing. "Tokens" that reminded me again of his daily provision.




* In Britain I was known for saying "It'll be fine, it'll be fine!". Here I am becoming known for saying "Bon courage!"

Comments

Alan said…
Well yes, of course there's a catch.

You have to use one 5€ voucher per every 90€ you spend in the supermarket, so that means one voucher per weekly shop till they're finished.

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen