Tax time, among other things

It's time to make my declaration for the impôts. Your tax return here in France is so easy compared to Britain. It's just one thin sheet of A3 folded in half, they fill in a lot of it ready for you and all you have to do is pop in the total income etc...

You can declare online and that's easy too.

Another factor that makes it easy is that we don't pay any tax. Last year they paid us 250 euros and this year they may do something similar, who can tell. So it kind of takes the dread out of it, somehow !

There is one little fly in the ointment - each year the church distributes letters detailing your giving for you to pop on your tax form and I don't have my letter. If I received it it would have been just before coming to Britain so I need to conduct a proper search of the house. Otherwise I'll have to get the figure from our treasurer.

That means though that I can get on with the other main tasks of today, preparation for the Bible studies and messages this weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen