Now let me see, a lutin for Physics

This morning was "back to school" shopping.

You have to keep your wits about you. I had few real problems but I did have a little difficulty remembering what a lutin is. Gwilym needs two for Physics. ( It's worth looking that one up in www.wordreference.com ) Got it right, thankfully. Then finding oeillets, which I think Catrin needs.

On the way back from the supermarket, coming up the slip road from the rocade I saw a bird of prey just emerging from the grass very near the car. There was a small fieldmouse hanging from its beak. Amazing.

Comments

Alan said…
Catastrophe ! ( pronounced in French catta-STROFF )

I have bought that which I ought not to have bought, and have left unbought that which I ought to have bought. Namely we lack A4 protège-cahiers and we have unused packs of 32 x 24 protège-cahiers, loose-leaf binders and a surplus tin of colouring pencils.

Not only that but Mrs Davey says that the dictionaries from 2006 and 2007 will do perfectly well for this year too.

Oh well - I have the till receipt. I shall join the queue of glum-looking dads and cast myself on the mercy of the fierce folk in "customer services".
Alan said…
Hey ! No queue and friendly, charming customer service folk ! I told them about lutins.

"Lutins ?" they said, "What's that ?".

I said, "Little plastic men you find in the garden. Or document files with plastic pouches."

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen