The rotters!

 Mrs Davey and I have both been battling with plantar fasciitis for a while. 

I talked to the doctor about it. He sent me for x-rays and for ultrasound examinations of my feet, which confirmed my self-diagnosis. The doctor said that I must wear good shoes and massage my feet hard.

Patricia talked to him about it and after her ultrasound examinations he prescribed unlimited physiotherapy until she's better.

I rooted around for ideas and tried various measures : stretches for the achilles tendon, massage with bottles and balls for the foot, a sock to keep my ankle flexed at night. What REALLY helped was a brand of shoe that has arch support built in. I'm really thankful that after some long months my foot is pretty-well pain free and I can walk as far as I want, as long as I wear the right shoes!

Patricia went to see her physio and a podologue, who ordered insoles for her feet. Her case is worse than mine, and has not yielded to treatment. She has the arch-support shoes. She's had lots of physio. She does the massage. She's used the flexi-sock. Her foot continues to hurt.

The big relief she has is cycling everywhere instead of walking.

Well, had. Yesterday she went to get her bike to cycle to her cardiology appointment and there it was, gone! Stolen from the bike room! They bent the bike rack in the process of breaking her lock. Other bikes around were left where they were, despite being only ill-attached to the rack. I examined the bike. It looks like its brakes don't work. Discerning thieves!

So we're a little aggrieved, and I'm trying to persuade Patricia to get a new bike. 

In the last year about 10% of the church has had their bikes stolen. It's city life.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen