Enforced calm!

 Well on Sunday I preached with a sore throat on the beginning of Ephesians - just verses 1 & 2. The way we do things - with a live interpreter - means that you speak in short bursts, so it's quite easy when your throat is not at its best.

The following day we were to leave for Germany for the International Pastors' Retreat.

Patricia looked at me the way nurses sometimes do.

"We'll see how I am in the morning." quoth I.

Well our flight didn't leave till 4 in the afternoon, but it was clear that I wasn't going to be on it. My nose was streaming and all I wanted to do was sleep.

We informed the airline (Volotea, a Spanish low cost that flies directly to Stuttgart).

We informed the conference organisers. (I was due to organise two sessions on speaking about sex in the church).

We informed our fellow travellers.

And I went back to bed, where I stayed for pretty much all of Monday and much of Tuesday.

Yesterday I stayed out of bed almost all day! Today I hope to leave the apartment.

Meanwhile Catrin and Froim have a dog. Blondie is a cross between a miniature husky and a nondescript small hound. He's white and has limpid blue eyes. I hope to meet him today.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen