We've started packing

In France you "do your boxes". We asked our splendid neighbours if anyone had boxes to pass on to us, and someone did. Then on a visit to the new flat we bumped into our new neighbour with armful of boxes ready to be passed on. We had already agreed to buy some small boxes suitable for books. So we might conceivably be OK for boxes.

I have four oak bookshelves that belonged to my uncle Cyril that have travelled around with me over the years. The time has come to pass them on, so they're going to Froim and Catrin, along with the American swivel and rock armchair which everyone loves but me, and in which I regularly sit, to my great discomfort. (You can't lock the rock)

So this evening they are going to Talence in a big seven-seat Berlingo which I have reserved for the occasion. 

Meanwhile the most important contents of the bookshelves have been packed into boxes. We accumulate books at alarming speed. When we move we try to pass them on, but with great difficulty. When we first moved out of our house into the small flat in Pessac many treasures went for recycling. This time it will be the same. There is no alternative. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen