A fine week off

 Last week Gwilym and Beth arrived from Norwich to spend the week with us. This coincided with various special events. Firstly my 64th birthday last Tuesday. (It turns out that they still appear to need me and thus far they have continued to feed me.) Then we celebrated Christmas 2022 again, complete with a (small) tree, Christmas lunch, exchange of presents, and an action film.

The weather was splendid and Bordeaux was at its best and brightest. For my birthday I considered the many fine restaurants available to us in Bordeaux and decided that we should meet at the Bordeaux Wine School's wine bar, then get a kebab and eat it on the quays.I think this was my first ever kebab, and even then I was too timid to eat the rotating meat, choosing chicken freshly grilled on skewers. It was a great evening. 

Another highlight was an escape game that we all played together. Once more a first for me. It turns out that we make a pretty good team.

We spent a fine week together, but now Gwilym and Beth have gone home, we're back at the mill and normal life is resuming once more.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen