White-out and weird dreams

Yesterday as the day dawned we became aware that we could see nothing whatsoever out of our windows. There was a complete and total whiteout.

I've experienced this just a few times in my life during heavy snowfall, but it wasn't snowing.

It was misty.

The river is just about 100 metres away, and the mist was covering the city so thickly that the eye could see nothing whatsoever.

Pat looked at her phone to see what the weather app said : 100% humidity.

It took till lunch-time to clear.

Meanwhile I've been having weird dreams about driving a really nice car in the UK. It was some well-made but quite ordinary make of car, perhaps a Volkswagen? and as I drove I realised with alarm that my shoe was too wide to fit between the accelerator and the clutch pedal. Of course, this made braking awkward. So I decided to buy a pair of light shoes just for driving.

Some time later I became aware that while everyone else on the road was driving a right hand drive car on the left side of the road, I was driving a left hand drive car on the right side of the road. Yet, somehow, I had avoided any near collisions.

I had better get on with applying for an exchange of driving licence! If I lost the right to drive in France from April it wouldn't affect our daily lives much at all, but it would make some aspects of my work harder to accomplish. I wouldn't be able to get easily to churches that are off public transport routes. I'd probably have to give up CNEF33 presidency.




Comments

Emmanuel said…
A fun new expression for you to translate "whiteout": une purée de pois. Cool, isn't it ?

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen