This wretched 'flu vaccine

So I am like an old crock.

My ribs hurt on my left side because of applying some force so that Pat could bolt the kitchen door at Dan.

My neck has seized up after the session of massage.

I have frequent bouts of shivering and aches everywhere, especially the head, because of the 'flu jab.

This is not turning out to be the brightest week of my life, not yet, anyway.

Still, as quoth the immortal bard, "even the bad times are good".

And it gives me the opportunity to rehearse the riches of how to express annoyance in French:

Ça m'énerve.
Ça m'agace.
Ça me gêne.
Ça m'incommode.
Ça me fâche.
Ça me daille.
Ça me casse les pieds.
Ça me prend la tête.
Ça m'irrite.
Ça me gonfle.

Some of these are informal, some are regional. And there are more that I have not recalled.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen